- The caravan: narrative focusing on descriptive settings
- Beowulf vs Grendal: narrative focusing on character description
- Dear Beowulf… : non-fiction focusing on persuasion
- The Manchester Ridgeback: non-fiction focusing on information texts
- Consolidating work on place value.
- Developing written methods in all four number operations.
- Consolidating work on perimeter and area and statistics.
- Investigating number problems via open-ended investigations, focusing upon digging deeper and reasoning challenges.
Art and Design technology
- Making observational drawings and learning techniques to show movement and perspective.
- Exploring colour mixing and creating paintings that enhance a mood through tones and tints.
- Anglo-Saxons and Vikings: who were they, where did they come from and why did they settle in Britain? This will include discussing British Values alongside using historical and geographical skills.
Personal, social, health and economic (PSHE) education
- New beginnings: understanding how to learn well together and to compromise. coping with uncomfortable feelings.
- Getting on and falling out: appreciating friendships and trying not to demand too much.
- Taking responsibility, resolving conflicts peacefully.
- Classroom instructions
- Sports and opinions
- Traditional stories and drama
- Describing the weather
- Hobbies and games
Music and drama
- Learning about a range of music from rock to pop to jazz.
- Thinking about music’s historical context in culture and society.
- Begin to place songs onto a timeline and look at the origins of some
- Materials and their properties: exploring the world around us and looking at the properties of different natural and artificial materials and how they interact with each other. There’ll be lots of fizz, bang and pop with exciting investigations.
- Coding: creating a range of programs using simplified code
- Online safety: understanding potential dangers online and how to keep ourselves safe.
- Studying religious practices and ways of life with a focus on Hinduism.