- Story writing focusing on settings and characters
- Instruction writing linked to class project
- Whole class reads – Julius Zebra and classic fiction
- News report on The Ivory Bangle Lady
Personal, social, health and economic (PSHE) education
- New beginnings
- Just Right programme
- Getting on and falling out
- Anti-bullying work
- Human digestive system and how our body works.
- Beliefs and teachings of Islam
- Advent and Christmas
- Counting, place value and rounding.
- Solving addition and subtraction problems using written methods.
- Solving multiplication and division problems and understand the relationship between the two.
- Tag Rugby
- Healthy lifestyles
History and geography
- Map and atlas skills linked to the Roman Empire
- Timelines and chronology
- The rise and fall of the Roman Empire
- What the Romans did for us
- Using Purple Mash
- Online safety
Art and Design technology
- Making Roman shields, exploring tone when making Roman coins and patterns when printing mosaics.
- Classroom instructions
- Listen, translate and respond to stories
- Parts of the body and adjectives
- Foods and opinions