Below you'll find a sample plan for term one, to give a sense of what topics are covered.
- Exploring settings through the book Knuffle Bunny.
- Listening to and enjoying stories together.
- Getting on and falling out.
- Feeling just right for learning.
Geography and history
- What is history and what does a historian do?
- Finding out about kings, queens and life in medieval times.
- Learning about timelines.
- Learning about the different features and purposes of castles.
Design technology and art
- Design and make a castle with a lifting drawbridge.
- Art twice weekly, covering a range of techniques, styles, and perspectives.
- Materials and their properties.
- Seasonal changes – Autumn.
- Senses – what we can hear, see, smell and taste.
- Our bodies.
- Helping everyone find their inner musician – listening and appraising music.
- Learning a rap.
- Covering the basics, such as using a mouse, logging onto a computer.
- Using the Purple Mash digital skills learning programme to develop coding techniques.
- Place value within 10/20.
- Addition and subtraction within 10.
- Geometry – learning the names and properties of 2D and 3D shapes.
- Twice weekly sessions, developing skills in a range of sports and physical movement.