Welcome to Carden Primary Nursery!
Our Nursery environment has plenty of space for the children to explore, play and learn in; both inside and out. We share a wonderful play area outside with neighbouring Reception classes which the children love. Having the Reception children as role models really helps the Nursery children settle in. They love making friends with ‘the big kids!’
Find out more about our Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum below…
Our Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum Intent
At Carden Nursery and Primary School we believe in providing high quality, active, purposeful and exciting learning opportunities for all our children. Our aim is to give our children a secure foundation to build all their future learning upon. We aim to develop their natural curiosity, build their resilience and perseverance, equip them with a wealth of skills and knowledge and teach them to value themselves as individuals. We know it is vital for children to learn how to build positive and lasting relationships, we help them learn how to manage their social interactions in positive ways, how to accept disappointment and how to embrace challenge without worrying about getting things right first time.
We have plenty of indoor and outdoor space for our children to explore and learn in and we make the most of being outside no matter what the weather! We make sure our children are mindful of their learning journey, giving them a strong sense of pride in their achievements, we love sharing this with parents and carers too.
We aim to ensure every pupil:
- Receives a comprehensive settling in programme designed to ensure they are able to transition into the new setting with ease.
- Has access to a safe, calm and inclusive setting every day where they can build positive relationships based on equality, diversity, trust and respect.
- Has access to a rich, creative and purposeful learning environment designed to reflect their interests, offer them challenge and support them in developing a range of new skills.
- Has access a language rich environment where talk is valued and evident in all we do.
- Has access to high quality teaching and a balanced curriculum which takes into account the varying developmental stages of each individual child.
- Is given the support, encouragement and skills they need to develop socially, physically, intellectually and emotionally.
- Is supported to develop resilience, confidence and perseverance when taking on something new.
- Can play, engage and explore; fostering motivation through active learning opportunities.
- Feels safe, valued and welcomed within our Carden school community.
Our Curriculum for Each Area of Learning
Please click on the links below to see our curriculum for each area of learning:
|Communication, Language and Literacy||Personal, Social and Emotional Development||Physical Development|
|Shape, Space and Measure||Understanding the World||Expressive Arts and Design|
Our Curriculum Maps for Each Term
Please click on the links below to see an overview of the skills for each term. Our curriculum maps help us ensure children are building on what they have already learned and ensured they have access to a wide range of high quality teaching and learning opportunities. It is accompanied by many other skills children learn during their time with us, such as turn taking, respecting others, communication skills, developing resilience, managing friendships and so much more!