However, we want to make sure new pupils and their parents or carers – especially those starting Reception – are not worried about making mistakes as they learn the rules. We will work with parents, carers, and pupils to help them understand their uniform choices.
There is also a Second-Hand Uniform Shop that runs on school grounds every Monday at 3-3.45pm. Stocking high-quality uniforms for £1 an item, it is open to all parents. Branded uniform items can also be purchased via ParentPay.
What’s in the uniform?
- Black shoes or trainers – not coloured trainers, football boots, Ugg-style boots, wellington boots, croc-style shoes or open toe sandals.
- Book bag (optional)
- Collared shirt or polo shirt – white school-style
- Sweatshirt, cardigan or jumper – bottle green
- Fleece – bottle green
- Trousers or tailored shorts – grey or black school-style
- Skirt or pinafore dress – grey or black school-style
- Summer dress – green and white check or stripes
- Socks or tights – black, white, green, or grey
Carden PE kits
Pupils must wear appropriate clothing for PE.
- Carden school PE t-shirt (or plain black T-shirt)
- Black shorts
- Plimsolls or dark trainers
- Carden PE hoodies (optional)
All children will need a warm, waterproof coat with a hood if possible. Children go outside every day in all weathers.
On sunny days, your child will need a hat or cap. Please ensure that you have applied sun screen to your child before they come to school, please feel free to send in a named bottle for your child to reapply if required.
Please do not allow your child to wear jewellery to school. Items may get lost or damaged and can cause injuries to your child and others when they are playing or doing sport. If you child has pierced ears and they cannot be taken out then small studs are the only safe option and must be covered for PE.
Naming clothes and lost property
Please name ALL items of clothing, footwear, water bottles and lunch boxes with a laundry pen or name tags.
Children may bring in their own pencil cases with equipment.